Where Commuter Benefits Began
TransitChek was the first provider of tax-free commuter benefit programs, and we're still a leading innovator today. We're the experts at transit and parking benefits products because that's all we do. Each year, hundreds of thousands of employees at leading companies nationwide save millions of dollars on their commuting expenses by using TransitChek benefits.
In 2012, TransitChek proudly became part of WageWorks, Inc., a leading on-demand provider of tax-advantaged programs for consumer-directed health, commuter and other employee spending account benefits in the United States. This allows us to bring you even more great savings and service.
Your Program Partner
More than a benefits program provider, we are your partner in driving participation. Our team of committed participation experts will work closely with you to help your company and employees receive the maximum possible value in savings.
At TransitChek, we give you:
- Easy-to-use, innovative technology
- Personal attention from a team of industry experts
- Unique products designed to be tailored to your needs
- National coverage with local expertise
- Compliant programs
- Proprietary self-service online management systems
- Mobile management site: use it anywhere, any time
- NYC Replacement Center within our headquarters
A History of Savings
We've been pioneering the commuter benefits category since 1987, and we're just getting started.
- 1987TransitChek® becomes the nation's first commuter benefits program with the introduction of the TransitChek® Voucher.
- 1997Commuters begin using the TransitChek® MetroCard®.
- 2000The Premium TransitChek® MetroCard® is the first annual MetroCard®. No more waiting at station windows each month.
- 2003TransitChek® Premium, a web-based commuter benefits program is introduced.
- 2004The TransitChek® QuickPay® Card, a prepaid Visa® card, is the first commuter benefits prepaid card that offers pre and post-tax benefits for transit and parking, and monthly electronic funding.
- 2006The TransitChek® Card, a prepaid Visa® card, is the first anonymous, pre-loaded benefit card allowing more commuters access to the growing number of ticket vending machines.
- 2011TransitChek® Mobile is launched. This next generation of commuter benefits enables commuters to access and change their commuter benefits online, anytime and anywhere. The TransitChek Parking Card, a prepaid Visa® card is also introduced.
- 2012TransitChek proudly becomes part of WageWorks, Inc.